As another practice comes to a close, I had a short but enjoyable time.
I brought a friend to Judo with me today. Although it's new to him, the martial arts aren't. Having two year of Karate under his belt; I found it safe to bring him on the mat for some fun. After warm-up and conditioning he acquired some groundwork skill. Although watching him struggle with the conditioning was entertaining it was reminder that not to long ago i was in the same boat. He was paired up with a collegian wrestler for na-waza (Katamewaza.) So he did have is butt handed to him there but it was a learning process he gathered quite a bit of knowledge from.
It was followed by the movement techniques used to keep yourself uninjured. He mastered the falling skills used in judo and a sweep move rather quickly.
I was paired up with the one kid who until recent, had no desire to progress and was afraid of what little pain there is to Judo while practicing. So I reinsured him that falling and failing at the technique we're practicing is just us learning ways not to such actions.
Throws practiced today,
Ippon Seionage
Morote Seionage
Deashi Harai
Tai Otoshi
Osoto Gari
O Goshi
Kosoto Gari
Kouchi Gari
Okuriashi Harai
Harai Goshi
Tsuri Goshi
Kata Guruma
Plus Combination of listed throws.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment