As this weeks comes to a close, I've decided to not compete this weekend. I need more practice and I'm swamped with work. So It's will be 3/1/09 when I hit the mats again for shihai.
Now, the 15th tournament went well for my first and only having seven weeks of judo to prepare. I got fifth out of fifth, yet to the rest of my competition, they had be beat by at least six months. So I did well for where I was and had a blast.
First match.
Really bad on the mat. I had Osoto Gari the whole time and didn't take it.
Second match,
Did a bit better but I hesitated on Ippon Seio Nage and lost the match,
Third match,
This was with the one of two novice who didn't stiff arm. It went really smoothly and we both got in a throw. this match came to pins, and I had my hips up to high and lost my mount.
Fourth Match,
This was the other without a the stiff arm noob, it was pleasant. His Gi was a pain to grab but I lost it when I opened up to Tai Otoshi and he caught me with a Waza take down.
Since It was My first I not too big on four straight loses but it was a lesson in humbleness I will carry forever.
Also after a conversation with one of the black belts from the dojo, I'm always worried about my manners where ever I am. I need to disconnect. We bow to one another as an understanding to do our best, not worry about injuring our opponents or our partners in practice. Now I think it's time that I apply this and see how I do.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment