Monday, June 22, 2009

Pains and Treating them

Since I've started Judo, I know there are a lot of injuries. From muscle cramps and pulled who knows whats to dislocated joints and broken bones. Here are a couple things to do for them.

Tape them! Athletic tape in this sport is your best friend. From "Judo Toe" to a twisted ankle. it helps support injuries and helps them heal while practicing lightly. (I do not encourage practice while injured. If you choice to do so, do so lightly. at your own risk)

Tiger Balm and IBProfien, when I'm soar these have been a life saver. Rubbing Tiger Balm on soar muscles after practice quickens the healing. While IBProfien deals with headaches and joints pains from over zealous armbars.

Lastly but not least. Yoga. Yes Yoga!!!! It has been a miracle worker for soar muscles and staying flexible. For whatever you do, be it a martial art or anything really. I suggest yoga to everyone. The Zen Meditation keeps you calm while the poses keeps you limber.

(I'm not a doctor nor is this medical advise, just some info on what I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment