Saturday, May 2, 2009

CJI Training....

It's been a while since I've posted, here is a recap of what has happened.

I've been to three tournaments so far, two bad days and one good one. The two bad days I came in dead last. The good day was the novice tournament. The lesson I learned from this, Classical music and staying pumped up for the matches help a lot.

I'm currently working on technique and adjusting my movements accordingly. This is still new to me but I'm getting things much faster now. Since I have so many people helping me along the way. It's really to them, in the end, I will never be able to thank enough. Today during Ne-waza I was schooled by a fellow Judoka. (I should state this now. I do not call anyone below the rank of shodan, sempi or sensei. I mean no disrespect to those who rank higher than me but don't hold a black belt. It is just that a sempi is a senior, or black belt or the dojo.) In the end, Having my rump handed to me was far move valuable than being the better player. It show that I have a lot of work to still do.

Just FYI: I'm using the Men's Health "Train like a Fighter" work out between practices and I must say, I feel great. So now the real test is to not give in to doubt and just go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment